OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 00:17:10 -0400
At least this time I have photographs.  I will probably post them, tomorrow
- or rather later today.

I stopped by just to see what was what and whizzing in and out of the winds
like little black and purple razors were what appeared to be between 3 and 5
adults Purple Martins.

My little book says "summer."  My eyes and lens say "they're here and
they're cheeky."  As I was standing in the parking lot, one particular male
buzzed me at least 4 times while making very wide arcs from about 20 yards
out into the lake to just before the tree line at the back of the lot.  Very
cool, though not as cool as the wind off the lake.

So, maybe this should be titled "RFC" or Request for Confirmation.  At any
rate, I'll get the photos posted and linked, soon.  Time was, we could post
these in the forums, but the forums seem to have withered on the vine.  Is
there a better place, or just send out a second email?

Thanks,

Phil Ware