OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:39:40 -0400
Hey all.

Well, I left a little early for work because I thought the roads would be bad... Turns out they weren't.  So I decided to slow down and check out a few of the side roads on my way to work.  While on Phelps Rd in sort of northern Union County, I had pulled of to add another couple of picture to my growing collection of Horned Lark Pictures, when about a dozen Lapland Longspurs started photo bombing my shots.:-)

So I took the hint and started photographing them. :-D. They are starting to get their breeding colors on, so they really stand out form the Horned Larks.

For those looking for them, they seem to like to hang out just off Treatyline Rd.  Phelps Rd. is just a great time to get a lot of birds.

I'll post some pics on Birding Ohio when I get home in the morning.

Till then,

Steve J.
aka SJLaRue