OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:35:25 -0400
Good morning,

I just posted on the ill-used forums (I'd like to see usage resurrected
because of the simplicity of posting photos, but that's another topic.) a
request for ID on this snowbird I photographed on Tuesday.

http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2403

I headed out, after work, yesterday, to see if I could find the bird, again,
and get better looks when it's not snowing.  Alas, it was not to be.
Gorgeous Common Loon, yes.  What appeared to be, from ~250 yards, an equally
gorgeous Horned Grebe, yes.  Bird returning to be ID'd, no.

If you're not able to get to the forums where it shows the full resolution
images, here's a link to the photobucket gallery:

http://s272.photobucket.com/user/kon16ov/library/North%20American%20Birds/fo
r_ID

Thanks,

Phil Ware