OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beau Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2013 23:33:33 -0400
Ben Eckstein and I ventured out in the nice weather to bird at Runkle's Pond
(corner of 235 and Purk Rd. North of St. Paris) and Kiser Lake (also north
of St. Paris off 235). Observations are as follows:

Runkle's Pond:
About 50 assorted Ring-necked and Redhead Ducks
Bufflehead (3 pairs)
Mallard
Canada Geese
Eastern Meadowlark
Red-winged Blackbird
American Robin
Coot
Killdeer
European Starling
Mourning Dove

I also believe there was possibly an American Widgeon but I didn't have a
spotting scope and it was too far for positive ID with binoculars.

Kiser Lake:
Common Grackle
Carolina Chickadee
Song Sparrow
Horned Grebe (1 adult breeding, 2 adult nonbreeding)
Hooded Merganser (pair)
Bufflehead
About 30 Redhead/Ring-necked duck mixture
Common Loon x3
Ruddy Duck x4
White-breasted Nuthatch
Northern Cardinal