OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:24:46 -0500
Gene Stauffer recently suggested a new eBird hot spot in Fairfield County --
Howe Pond.
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Howe+Pond
There is a small park managed by Canal Winchester here and the pond seems
good for migrating water birds. It is near Pickerington Ponds and would be a
stop to add for birders who visit Fairfield or Franklin counties.

We have recently added a number of Ohio Natural Areas to eBird. Most of
these natural areas do not have checklists submitted to them yet. If you
live near one of these areas and have a personal location for the natural
area, you might want to consider merging your data with the new hot spot.

Adams County
Whipple State Nature Preserve

Athens County
Riddle State Nature Preserve

Champaign County
Siegenthaler-Kaestner Esker State Nature Preserve

Columbiana County
Sheepskin Hollow State Nature Preserve

Delaware County
Seymour Woods State Natural Area
Stratford Woods State Nature Preserve

Erie County
Erie Sand Barrens Nature Preserve

Fairfield County
Shallenberger State Nature Preserve

Highland County
Miller Nature Sanctuary

Hocking County
Kessler Swamp State Nature Preserve

Knox County
Knox Woods State Nature Preserve

Lake County
Hach-Otis State Nature Preserve

Lawrence County
Anderson Prairie State Nature Preserve

Licking County
Morris Woods State Nature Preserve

Lucas County
Audubon Island State Nature Preserve

Mahoning County
Kyle Woods State Nature Preserve

Medina County
Swamp Cottonwood State Nature Preserve

Mercer County
Baker Woods Nature Preserve

Miami County
Goode Prairie
Greenville Falls State Natural Area

Portage County
Marsh Wetlands State Nature Preserve
Tummonds State Nature Preserve

Summit County
Portage Lakes Wetland State Nature Preserve

Warren County
Halls Creek Woods State Nature Preserve

Washington County
Boord State Nature Preserve