OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 16:09:42 -0500
Yesterday, Richard Esker asked if the Evening Grosbeaks continue in Mohican.

The property owners have assured me that the Evening Grosbeaks continue to
come to the feeders and they are occasional joined by Common Redpolls.
Visitors are welcome and the property owners are happy to share Mohican's
wonderful wildlife with fellow nature lovers.

Sightings are generally best in the mornings (between 8:00 am-noon.)  Please
continue to park at the Gorge Overlook parking lot and walk the 1/4 mile to
observe the birds from the road.  The owners do have very large dogs.

For more details and a map can be found at:
http://cherylharner.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-what-huge-beak-you-are.html

Also, a special "thank you" goes out to Dane Adams for providing glorious
photos of these birds for the blog post.

Good Birding,
Cheryl Harner

Greater Mohican Audubon Society
www.gmasohio.org