OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2013 13:47:42 -0500
Sandhill Cranes (2) are vocalizing, unison calling, out of sight beyond the
east end of Ellis Pond (Wright Road parking). We enjoyed a close view of one
of the cranes foraging across from Glacier Knoll parking, from Wood Duck
Blind. The Harris's Sparrow is still frequenting the feeding station near
Wood Duck Blind. Great Blue Herons are on rookery nests in two locations.
Waterfowl are building numbers but not yet present in high numbers.

Highlights:
Sandhill Crane
Harris's Sparrow
American Kestrel pair mating
Turkey Vulture 3
Ring-necked Duck
American Wigeon
American Black Duck
Mallard
Northern Pintail
Northern Shoveler
Green-winged Teal
Hooded Merganser
Gadwall
Redhead
American Coot
Ring-necked Pheasant

Pickerington Ponds: http://www.metroparks.net/parkspickeringtonponds.aspx

Visit the Columbus Audubon website, Events calendar tab, for numerous
scheduled field trips, everyone welcome.
Columbus Audubon: http://www.columbusaudubon.org/

Tom Bain
Delaware County