OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2013

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 31 Mar 2013 18:04:32 -0400203_us-ascii Fun day at the feeders at home: one somewhat early Pine Warbler, one Fox Sparrow, with a few Dark-eyed Juncos and American Tree Sparrows.

Karin Tanquist
Kendall Park Rd
Peninsula OH41_31Mar201318:04:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 04:39:53 GMT
I hope this is appropriate and of interest.  Ohio Wetlands Association has organized a bird banding field trip on the morning of April 13th in one of the marshes near Sandusky Bay.  OWA has been invited to join Keith Norris for an early morning of shore bird banding in the Sandusky Bay area. We will begin just minutes after sunrise (6:53 am on Saturday 4/13/13). Keith does not know which marsh he will be birding at until he checks weather conditions. We will meet at 6:30am at the Burger King in Port Clinton, just a few minutes from several potential sites. Banding usually lasts just a couple of hours.

 This will be a good chance to see research data collected first hand and an awesome closeup of migrating birds.  We will keep the group small so we don't disrupt the birds. Please register by sending your name and phone number to Ray Stewart at  [log in to unmask]

 For details on Keith's research see: http://twel.osu.edu/projects/Norris.html
 K. Bradley- Berea