From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 08:41:20 -0700
The only evidence of spring was found in the birdlife, as a brutal windchill persists along Lk Erie.  There are still good duck numbers at the impoundment, topped by Blue-winged (120)
and Green-winged (60) Teal, and N Shoveler (45).  The Caspian Terns were deafening and abundant today - I counted 65 in a single scan, along with two Forster's.  Shorebirds included three Pectorals and four snipe, and a harrier came through for a strafe.  Small Bonaparte's flock were also heading west all morning.  Greay Egrets are also on the move lately.  I had a flock of seven outside ALDI in Sheffield last evening, and four more today.

Im most excited about the state of the habitat Lorain right now! It's setting up much as it did a couple years ago, when we had excellent fall shorebirding at this spot.

Good birding -

Gabe Leidy
Sheffield Lk

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android