From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:41:59 -0400
Water levels at Funk Bottoms Wildlife Area and Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area,
both in Wayne County, were quite high today. Some roads are water covered.

We saw Sandhill Cranes in both locations. There was a pair on Funk Road
north of OH-95. At Killbuck we heard Sandhill Cranes across Wright Marsh
from Carrie Lane and saw a pair flying over the marsh from Valley Road.

There were many ducks in good variety seen at Wright Marsh at Killbuck and
from the tower at Funk Bottoms.

We found a pair of Solitary Sandpipers, our first of season, on the north
side of OH-95 across from the road which leads to the observation tower.

Tree Swallows were present in large numbers every where we visited and a few
Barn Swallows have made their way to Ohio.

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center, Ohio