From:
Pam Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:26:25 -0700
Since today (Sat.) still felt like Winter, I figured maybe the Harris sparrow was still hanging out at the Pickerington Ponds Wood Duck feeder.  I arrived around 2:30, it arrived around 2:31, ground feeding beside an immature white-crowned sparrow, which gave a good perspective on just how large it is.  It left after about 10 minutes so I left too, flushing a small FOY flock of chipping sparrows, which heartened me to head for Blendon Woods in search of more signs of Spring.  Which I found:  more chipping sparrows at the Nature Center feeders, a tableau of turkeys at the clearcut (4 toms displaying for a group of unimpressed hens), a brown thrasher singing its paired notes and a ruby-crowned kinglet scolding DIGIT! in the brush north of the meadow, field sparrows and a calling eastern phoebe at the east blind feeder, and at least one purple martin cruising Thoreau Lake outside the east blind along with a mixed group of rough- winged and barn
 swallows.  Who needs sun and warmth anyway?
  Good birding, Pam Unger

Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace.--Author Unknown