From:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Brohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:45:05 -0400
It was hard to miss the golden-crowned kinglets on South Bass Island again
yesterday. While working in my vineyard, I would have up to eight birds
within four to five feet of me often right at my feet looking for insects
among the grass and blooming bittercress. They were some kinglets still
there right up until dusk.

Saw quite a few Hermit Thrushes and Eastern Phoebes in DeRivera Woods. There
were Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers at Scheeff East Point Preserve and two other
island locations. A rufous-sided towhee was seen on Mitchell Rd. Lots of
turkey vultures on the move still. Yellow-rumped warblers abundant-dark eyed
juncoes and tree sparrows still around at Scheeff East Point Preserve. Brown
Creepers and white-breasted nuthatches were seen as well in numbers.

Tree Swallows and Purple Martins were busy working over the Bay. The
following waterfowl were present in the Harbor

xxx Lesser Scaup
xx  Redhead
x   Ruddy Duck
xxx Red-breasted Merganser
xx  Bufflehead
xx  Double-crested Cormorant
xx  Mallard
xx  Canada Goose

xx  Common Goldeneyes were found off Scheeff East Point Preserve
Bonaparte's, Ring-billed, Herring, and Great Black-backed Gulls were seen.

Lisa Brohl