From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:41:45 -0700
I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood State Park on the east side of Cleveland today from 5pm to 7:25pm.  I was pleasantly surprised how birdy it was so late in the day.  I heard Tree & Barn Swallows were seen today so I walked out on the concrete walkway out into the lake west of the creek (down from the bathhouse) and was able to see them there including the Kestrel.  New birds for me today were the Blue-headed Vireo, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Barn Swallows, Spotted Sandpiper.  I was able to still see Black-crowned Night-Herons in the woods as seen yesterday.

Red-breasted Mergansers 80+
Horned Grebes 5
Pied-billed Grebes 2 (marina)
Great Blue Heron 1 (flying southeast)
Black-crowned Night-Heron 8 (10 were seen earlier by Jeanne Hrenko)
American Kestrel 1 (landed in tree above deck overlooking VA beach)
Spotted Sandpiper 1 (seen from west end of VA beach)
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers 4
Northern Flickers - numerous
Eastern Phoebe 2
BLUE-HEADED VIREO 1 (in field north of library)
Tree Swallows 2
Barn Swallows 4
Brown Creepers 4
Golden-crowned Kinglets 10
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers 2
Hermit Thrush 4
Brown Thrasher 1
Yellow-rumped Warblers 2
Eastern Towhee 2
Field Sparrows 2 (near Euclid Creek in WW)
American Tree Sparrow 1
Fox Sparrows 3 (VA center of birch woods)
Song Sparrows 20+

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/