From:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:52:10 +0000
This morning (Tuesday April 16) I just had time to hit the boardwalk at Magee Marsh Wildlife Area (Lucas/Ottawa counties, NW Ohio) very briefly, in the rain, before heading off to meetings. Last night the radar had shown a good movement to the south of here, and thunderstorms in this immediate area pre-dawn looked like they would have put some birds down. No huge numbers of birds at the boardwalk, but there was a definite arrival since yesterday. Two Pine Warblers near the small loop; many more Yellow-rumped Warblers than yesterday; more Eastern Towhees and Ruby-crowned Kinglets; and the first big push of White-throated Sparrows. (White-throats do winter at some spots in n.w. Ohio, but at the boardwalk they are mainly migrants.) If anyone has time to really bird the boardwalk later today, they'll probably find some interesting things.

Kenn Kaufman
Oak Harbor, OH