From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:32:38 -0400
Yesterday, April 2, there were 15 Common Loons on Chippewa Lake in Medina
County. Today I counted 21 spread out across the lake.

The Medina County park on the west side of Chippewa Lake may be accessed
from Ballash Rd. This entrance is labeled Krabill Shelter. You can park in
the lot and walk down to the lake shore. A spotting scope is helpful.

Chippewa Lake may also be accessed from the new Chippewa Lake Boat Ramp at
the end of Westfield Landing Rd. There is a Bald Eagle nest at the
intersection of Westfield Landing Rd. and Kennard Rd. -- I watched the nest
for a while this afternoon and did not see either Eagle. Quite cold and windy.

More info on Chippewa Lake birding locations are available from the Ohio
eBird Hot Spot web site:
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Chippewa+Lake

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center