From:
Mark Radil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Radil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:09:31 -0700
FOS Rose Breasted Grosbeak at the sunflower seed feeder today a couple hrs ago.  I figured at least one would show up today based upon the reports from other locations this far North (we are 2.5 miles from Lake Erie).  Also spotted a Winter Wren today digging through our herb garden.   Saw quite a few Gnatcatchers last week, they seem to have disappeared this week?
Other regulars seen at this time are
Purple Finches
Sharp Shinned Hawk (on our deck railing!)
Ruby Crowned Kinglet
Blue Headed Vireo
Bald Eagles (A daily sighting here living on Conneaut Creek, two Juvi were squabbling over something dead on the creeks edge this morning, last week there were three)
House Wren (heard)
Eastern Towhees
Hermit Thrush
American Woodcock (Heard)
Chipping Sparrow
Goldfinches
Titmouse
Chickadees
Woodpeckers, Pileated, Yellowbellied, Downie, Hairy, Red Bellied, Flicker, Still have not seen a Ladder-backed this season?)
Spotted Sandpiper (yesterday at our pond)

We also just wanted to throw out a big THANK YOU to Bob and Densie Lane for giving us some great sightings at "The Sandspit" in Conneaut a few weeks ago.  The time spent with them was great and it rekindled the "birding spark".

Mark and Theresa Radil
Kingsville, Ohio
Ashtabula County