From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:41:15 -0700
I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood State Park in Cleveland today from 12:30pm to 3pm.  It was raining pretty much the entire time so it seemed a little slow to me.  Here are some of the birds I saw.  I saw my first Veery this year.  I always seem to see them in the rain.

Red-breasted Mergansers 80-100
Pied-billed Grebe 2
Black-crowned Night-Heron 3 (2 adults,1 juv) west side of Euclid Creek along waters edge between bathhouse & bridge
Spotted Sandpiper 1
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 15
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers 5
VEERY 1 (Wildwood-just beyond bridge in hill area where they removed everything and left dirt/straw and planted nothing.
Hermit Thrush 7
Gray Catbird 1 (VA)
many Eastern Towhees, Brown Thrashers
Yellow Warblers 5 (had not seen before)
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1 WW
Common Yellowthroat 1 male, VA west of grassy knoll south of path seen twice same area
White-throated Sparrows 25+

I wasn't here Saturday but Friday 4/26 I saw the Green Heron in the wet area of the Villa Angela woods, 1 Palm Warbler near entrance of park 100 ft north of Lakeshore close to library fence.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/