From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2013 12:03:01 -0400
Fellow Birders,

      Just heard that Kenn Kaufman was attacked by Creagles this morning
while investigating a possible nest site on an IHOP roof near Hinckley.
 Not being all that big, it took only two Creagles to pick Kennn up and
carry him to their nest on the IHOP roof.  This might have  spelled the end
for Kennnn, but at that moment the kitchen staff threw out a big pile of
half eaten pancakes.  Even beginning birders know that Creagles love
pancakes, and they abandoned Kennnnn and went for the pancakes.  He was
able to escape, (after confirming three eggs in the nest) with some pretty
bad scratches, and a sprained ankle from jumping off the roof.  He is now
under the able care of Kimmie.

     Kennnnnn has worked with birds so much that he understands their
language.  When they were carrying him to the nest, they told him that he
should know better than to get too near a Creagle nest site on April 1st.
 And he should have know better than to try to rain on the April Fools day
parade of foolish emails. The numbers have diminished already, but some
things are inevitable, and should not be messed with.

     Be sure to send Kenn some hard earned get well emails.  (for those
offended by this, please send those emails to Kenn, as well). He does a
great job, and I'm sure he will be back on the job soon, probably by April
2nd.

Note:  My dog, that was eaten by a Great Horned Owl last April 1st, showed
up about a week later.  Like Kenn, he was somewhat scratched up, but none
the worse for wear.