From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:07:08 -0400
It is 8:55AM, Tuesday morning, Jeff Harvey and my wife Denise are presently just departing The Shreve Fish Pond. They arrived at 7:30AM; there were no other birders present, with very few birds on the mudflats. No Ruff!! They patiently waited and hoped the Ruff would eventually show up. It did not!!! About 8AM shorebirds and waterfowl did start to come in. Pectoral Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs, Greater Yellowlegs, Blue-winged Teal, and Northern Shoveler were there upon their departure. A Merlin made a flyby, temporarily flushing the shorebirds who returned. The only other birder visitors during their stay were four Amish birders who took a quick look and were gone. The Shreve Fish Pond is located north of the town of Shreve on SR226 in Wayne County opposite of The Wright Marsh parking lot, on the westside of the road.

Bob Lane / sent from Willow Island, West Virginia