From:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 08:55:19 -0400
8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 14: I just heard from Mark Shieldcastle that
there is a big arrival of birds right now at the Black Swamp Bird
Observatory's main research site at Navarre Marsh (Ottawa Co., n.w. Ohio,
on Lake Erie just east of Magee Marsh).  Mark said there were flocks of
Blackburnians, flocks of Nashvilles, flocks of Yellow-rumped Warblers,
etc., moving through the trees, and more birds were dropping in, as if the
movement had continued after sunrise.  Swainson's Thrushes (in very short
supply yesterday) were also around, along with other migrants.

So for those who can get out to sites along the lake shore, it looks like
this is a big day.  Based on weather patterns, Mark and I still think that
tomorrow could be an even bigger day, but that's not guaranteed; today is
better than we had expected, based on last night's weather, so there are
always surprises.   Anyway, FYI, it's very good out there right now.

Kenn Kaufman
Oak Harbor, OH