From:
Laura Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Madden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 07:55:41 -0400
I'm late in posting this - but on Tuesday night (April 30) around 8:00PM at
Wildwood Park (border of Cleveland and Euclid) I saw a Great-Horned Owl fly
in to a large tree in the back of the wet woods.  I was alerted because the
crows were squawking and mobbing the bird.  The owl was visibly irritated by
the crows but continued to perch and then the crows gave up and left and
then the blue-jays came around and squawked at it also. I stayed for a while
but when I left the bird was still there.  Also had great views of a pair of
yellow warblers and a palm warbler.