From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 21:14:12 -0400
I walked the dog from 8:15 - 9:00pm this evening and the bird song in the
woods was almost as loud and varied as  in the early morning.  Scarlet
Tanagers (at least 3) were singing in the treetops.  A Pileated Woodpecker
was hollering for at least 5 minutes.  I counted at least 5 Wood Thrush
singing in different areas.  Towhee and Rose-breasted Grosbeak were also
participating as were the always-present Northern Cardinals.  No wind - just
enough light to move about - very special.  And the dog had two squirrels
and a raccoon to send up trees!

Matt Valencic

Geauga County