From:
Sheryl Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 08:32:38 -0400
Yesterday, May 1 at about 9:45 AM,  I heard the distinctive "musical"  4
note phrase of a Yellow-headed Blackbird.  The bird sang the phrase  twice in
succession, but only did that once in the hour I was there.   I was unable
to locate him.    My eBird report follows.
Sheryl Young

Willow Point Wildlife Area, Erie, US-OH
May 1, 2013 9:00 AM - 10:00  AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Walked  slowly from building complex parking lot north along
dike towards bay, then  back.
33 species

Canada Goose  X
Gadwall   X
Mallard  X
Blue-winged Teal  X
Great Blue Heron   X
Great Egret  X
Bald Eagle  8     8 immatures  roosting on low branches or on exposed
ground within northern  impoundment
Red-tailed Hawk  X
Killdeer  X
Ring-billed  Gull  X
Common Tern  X     flock roosting and flying  around nesting platform in bay
Mourning Dove  X
Chimney Swift   X
Great Crested Flycatcher  X
Warbling Vireo  X
Blue  Jay  X
Tree Swallow  X
Barn Swallow  X
House Wren   X
Carolina Wren  X
Eastern Bluebird  X
Gray Catbird   X
European Starling  X
Yellow Warbler  X
Palm Warbler   X
Yellow-rumped Warbler  X
Chipping Sparrow  X
Song  Sparrow  X
Northern Cardinal  X
Red-winged Blackbird   X
Yellow-headed Blackbird  1     Distinctive "musical" 4  note phrase (as
heard on Stokes CD) given twice in succession.  Did not see  bird or hear it
again.
Common Grackle  X
American Goldfinch   X

View this checklist online at