From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 01:12:26 -0400
I stopped at several spots in Reynoldsburg, north of Blacklick Woods park, including Reynoldsburg Civic Park, Blacklick Ridge, and Wengert Woods, and had quite a few 'late-Spring' migrants.  Among the notables in 2 hours were:

Flycatchers - good #s of the common species, including 6-8 Wood Pewees, 3-4 Acadian, Willow, Least, 5-6 Great Crested, and 6+ E. Kingbirds.  No Alder or Olive-sided yet, but now's the time to be alert for them.

Vireos - loads of singing Red-eyed, along with several singing Warbling

Thrushes - 6-8 Swainson's, along with fewer Wood Thrushes.  Thought I heard a Gray-cheeked, but couldn't track it down.

Cedar Waxwings - back in force, I had flocks of 10-30 at several spots.

Warblers - 17 species, with relatively few early migrants (Yellow-rumped, Black&White, Palm, Black-thr.Green) and many more typically 'later-Spring' migrants (Tennessees, Magnolias, Blackpolls, Redstarts, Wilson's).  Ovenbirds were noticeable at all spots, and I had 1 very cooperative Connecticut in the riparian woods along Big Walnut Creek in Reynoldsburg Civic Park.  Also had a singing Yellow-br.Chat along Wengert Road west of Waggoner Rd.

Tanagers - 1-2 Scarlets at each site, including a very orange bird at Wengert Woods

Sparrows - along with the expected Song & Chipping, there were still 2 White-crowned and 5 White-throated at Reyn.Civic