From:
Eric Tilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Tilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2013 18:16:18 -0400
The American Redstarts are back to River Styx Park in Wadsworth! They have come back to the same area (the trees along the first parking lot between the entrance to the woods and the picnic area) for the last 3 years since I started visiting the park. I only saw 2 males but heard many more. If you take the first trail to the right after the main entrance you are sure to see a few. Also, the meadow at the end of the trail is a great place for Indigo Buntings in the summer- though I did not get there today to see if the Buntings have returned. I didn't hear any today.

I also saw several Yellow Warblers, a female rose breasted grosbeak, several catbirds, some small flycatchers that I am no good at identifying, and I heard a constant chorus of Eastern Wood Pewees.