From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 19:35:33 -0700
I apologize that this is a belated posting.  I was at Meadowbrook Marsh in Marblehead, Danbury Twp, Ottawa County Sunday May 19th.  I was trying to show my mother the Eastern Bluebirds and Indigo Buntings that I had seen the following Sunday and that was all she was interested in.  The Tree Swallows had taken over the bluebird boxes near the parking area but there must of been at least eight Indigo Buntings that I saw that day.  While we were there I took a picture of a brown bird on the ground and figured it was the female Indigo Bunting.  I was uploading my pictures this evening and just realized it sure had a very large bill and strange head.  I do believe it was a female Blue Grosbeak.  I posted the picture on my Flickr page.  Flickr just changed the look of their website Wed.  Everything is very large and pretty.  All you see is just pictures with no background or descriptions.  You have to click the pictures now to see what people have written on
 the bottom.  It is a bit of a pain-in-the neck now.  Hopefully, I have this ID correct. I would rather be wrong than not say anything.  I also had a Cuckoo that day but was not able to see it well enough before it flew off.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts (Cleveland) OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a