From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2013 02:27:50 -0400
While I love the immediacy of getting it on FB...I would rather get it in an e-mail as well.  I can't drop everything and go running after a rare bird...I have to plan ahead.  So an email record in my phone helps me to plan ahead.  So I would love it if you report it on FB or Twitter, then report on the listserv as well.

 FB and Twitter are social media sites ment to bring people together to share stories and pictures...not a place for public records of bird sightings.  So please report sightings....

In turn, those on this list that like to cause trouble and drive people off of the list by sending ranting private emails....stop...This is why there is more reporting on the social media sites and not here...you really do not know the amount of damage you are causing to the birding community here in Ohio...more than a few people I  have personally talked to in the past month say that they only troll the listserve, and never report anything because of bad experiences with people who send angry accusing emails.

That being said, Happy Birding and God Bless You.

Steve J.