From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 10:22:46 -0400
This morning, Sunday, I was surprised to see that there had been no reports to Ohio Birds, about Saturday's sightings at The Magee Boardwalk, adjacent to Lake Erie. My wife Denise and I have made pilgrimages to the Ottawa/Lucas County Area each spring, for many years. Yesterday we arrived at 8AM and put in a full day of birding here, and completed the day at Metzger Marsh. It was one of those amazing days birders dream about, and wish would never end. We recorded 119 species, 27 of them being warblers. The number of birds was not overwhelming, but the species variety was. We love the warblers! Our visit was rewarded with sightings of the following: Ovenbird, Worm-eating, Northern Waterthrush, Golden-winged, Blue-winged, Black-and-white, Tennessee, Nashville, Mourning, Common Yellowthroat, Hooded, American Redstart, Cape May, Cerulean, Magnolia, Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll, Black-throated Blue, Palm, Yellow-rumped, Yellow-throated, Black-throated Green, Canada, and a Wilson's on The Estuary Trail. A special thanks goes out to Swarovski representative Clay Taylor, for hosting the highlight of the day; a Whip-poor-will, a Worm-eating Warbler, and a Lincoln's Sparrow, all in the same view. Some other memories of the day in the area were four Upland Sandpipers, a breeding plumaged American Golden-Plover, and a cooperative American Woodcock. What a day!

Bob and Denise Lane / Mahoning County