From:
Chad Amos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Amos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2013 07:33:19 -0400
I viewed a single Common Raven just below the Hannibal Dam on the Ohio
side of the river the evening of 5/7.  I observed the bird for several
minutes in the area around the small creek that outlets just below the
dam.  It could be heard vocalizing ( a lot!) and was continually harassed
by the red-winged blackbirds in that area.

To be honest, I believed to have had a raven last year at this location,
during this time of year as well.  I saw a bird that I was 99% sure was a
raven fly over the river last year vocalizing, but yesterday sealed it for
me.

There is parking at the dam that would allow you to walk south towards the
bridge that would be the likely best place to search on the Ohio side of
river.  If I could be of any help to anyone, let me know.

Chad