OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Charles Bombaci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Bombaci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:16:38 -0700
I monitored several areas of the preserve this morning and this evening, including Oxbow Road, Wiese Road and Area M. Basically my observations were similar to Rob Thorn's although he had several nice fines that I did not see. This evening Linda and I were at the boardwalk at Area M where we observed two out of season Caspian Terns. Between Rob's list and my addition there were a nice group of surprises at the north end of Hoover Reservoir today.

On the Prothonotary Warbler front, as Rob reported, they were present in good numbers at every location I visited. Shaune Skinner and I plan to head out on the H.M.S. Hoover again this weekend to cover a few final locations. We have located 150 territories to date for the year. Soon they will not be as easy to locate as their young will be fledging and heading up into the canopy.

Charlie Bombaci
Hoover Nature Preserve