OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Andrea Krava <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Krava <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:22:38 -0400
Greetings!

There has been an alder flycatcher - possibly two - at Slate Run Metro Park just southeast of Columbus. It was first detected by me and a park volunteer on Friday 6/7. It is still here today (6/9), 1 p.m.  To find it, park at the Shady Grove Picnic Area and walk back toward the main road. The bird is in the "turn circle" that connects the main road, Shady Grove, and the road to the historical farm. Walk around that road area and it sings its "reee-beer" song from the trees and shrub throughout the area. A volunteer thought she may have heard a second one in the area today too.

Go to www.metroparks.net and go to the Slate Run section for directions and a map.

This was an Ohio life bird for me, so it was an exciting find!

Andrea Krava
Slate Run Metro Park Naturalist

Sent from my iPhone