OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 03:28:25 +0000
Well if you haven't been on Facebook lately, one of our FB Birding Ohio members posted a picture of a Yellow Breasted Chat  over at Killdeer Plains, so i went back today to try and find it...but I couldn't refind it...thankfully she got a picture, and I was able to find the same tree that the Chat had posed in...but of course it wasn't there. (it WAS across from the substation...and probably still is, but hiding now)  So I just decided to drive up and down for a while.

A full list is bellow, but the best part of the day was that I was trying to ID a flycatcher, and I heard a BSBO water bottle gurgling...only I wasn't anywhere near a BSBO water bottle... so I jumped out of my car and ran across the street and up the bank and saw 7 Sandhill Cranes.  One had a band on it.  I reported it as a white band with black letters with the code of Z30...but it could be 230...the picture is unclear on the top letter so if this band sounds familiar, it and 6 other SACRs in pond 27(or pond 1, whichever map you are referencing).  It does look like it is one of Dave Sherman's SACRs but the only info I have has his stopping at Z25.. On a side note, I now consider it an honor to have eBird flag a sighting. :-D

I have a picture of the SACR's  band here:
http://www.sjlarue.com/Birds/Wading-Birds/Sandhill-Cranes/i-ZzzzXFm/0/XL/untitled-5001-2-XL.jpg

I will also be posting pictures of my birds that I was able to photograph on the Birding Ohio Facebook page as well as my page a little later.

Have a great Week, Happy Birding, and God Bless!

Steve J.
Species Count
Canada Goose    50
Mallard 10