OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Kevin Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:21:06 -0400
Thanks to Sam's following posting from earlier this week, I found a few
singing Henslow's Sparrows at Huffman Prairie.

The birds were south of the road that loops the prairie, in the grassy area
marked as a firing range (although I've never witnessed any firing there).

Bobolinks and Dickcissels were more numerous and vocal than when I visited
about two weeks ago.

I did not see any young Bobolinks, but did see a juvenile Horned Lark.

Kevin