OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 08:10:43 -0400
We were unable to locate the White Pelicans yesterday afternoon. We arrived at the spot where they had been seen on Thursday and earlier yesterday and they were not there. We checked several other areas of the lake and did not find them.

We then continued on in to Knox Co. where we located the Common Raven sitting on a fence post up a driveway along Hostettler Road. It flew from its perch across the road and in to a woods. We were unable to locate it again. The very best part of the day was that we were birding once again with our friend, Joe Hammond, recently moved back to OH! This was his OH life bird! Exciting. Now to help him catch up on some other OH birds that he missed in his five years away from OH.

Doreene Linzell