OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:08:11 -0400
Friday evening, Chestnut Ridge
A pleasant after dinner stroll yielded some nice birds:

Rose-breasted Grosbeak male feeding a begging fledgling

Pair of Blue-winged Warblers with mouths full of goodies presumably to feed the kids

Finally was able to get glass on the Yellow-breasted Chat I've heard several times. It put on a nice show w/the usual delightful plethora of chat sounds.

2 male Scarlet Tanagers brilliant scarlet in the setting sun

Plus a good assortment of "regulars" like Brn Thrasher, E pewee, Acadian FC, Hooded Warbler, WB Nut, E Bluebirds, Cedar Waxwings, indigo btgs.

Sat at Clr Crk
Quality more than qty. The morning seemed much quieter than last week but dug out some gems.

KY Warbler--Grt looks at 2 diff birds (Tulip Tree Tr)
Cerulean Warbler--after hearing them all spring, I finally saw one briefly but fairly well as it sung (Tulip Tree Tr)

Other warblers: Hooded, Ovenbird, Blk-thr Green, B&W, Am Redstart, Com YT, Yellow, LA Waterthrush, Blue-winged, N Parula

Hairy WP, Pileated, Downy, Flicker, Red-bellied

Yellow-thr, White-eyed & Red-eyed Vireos

E Wood Pewees, Acadian FC
I did not hear the Least FC today

Wood, Hermit Thrushes & Veery plus E Bluebirds incl fledglings

Brown Thrasher, YB Cuckoo, Cedar Waxwings, Blue-gr Gnatcatchers

Peggy Wang
Lancaster

Sent from my iPhone