OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Bob Sams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:25:47 -0700
Birders,
Take this as a second hand report from a observant non-birder, but it seemed intriguing enough that if there are any birders in the area, it might be worth looking.
My sister texted me that she was driving on I-71, "near 36-37", and saw the bird in a field. And she described it as follows:
Crane-like body, black neck face legs, very white body, very tall straight neck. Big bird (she guessed GBH sized)
She said shed try to go back to the same area later, try for a pic and to get a mile marker.

It's not much to go on, but maybe someone can strike gold and find this.

Bob Sams, Findlay
(a little too far to chase this evening)