OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:50:48 -0400
Larry Gara and I found the Alder Flycatcher found last week at Slate Run
Metropark south of Columbus.  It sang its rolling "frrreee-beerrr!" song
frequently from about 1055 to 1115.

Here is a link to an interactive map showing where we found the bird:
http://bit.ly/12VHMoj

The good news is that it was a life bird for both Larry and me, one that I
had chased the length and breadth of the USA and parts of Canada.  The bad
news is that Ken Jefferson, who had shared all the latest intel with us,
was obliged to leave just seconds before the bird began to sing.
 Literally.  That will teach to get people's cell phone numbers in the
future.

Cheers,

Bob

--