OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:55:16 -0700
There has been some confusion about how to find the LEAST TERN at Campbell Lakes Preserve.  Again, I haven't been there, I am just forwarding information.

This is a Hamilton County Park; http://greatparks.org/parks/campbell-lakes-preserve.html  Address is 10431 Campbell Rd, Harrison, OH.  (I think Google puts the pin too far west on the map; don't go by that.)  Directions are:  Take I-74 to Dry Fork exit, turn left, cross over highway,
turn right onto Harrison Ave. Turn left on Kilby Road, right on Campbell
 Road to park entrance on left.

Once in the parking lot, directions to the spot where the bird has been seen are to take the trail at end of parking lot, go 100 yards to center lake, then left 100 yds and on right next to shore a small sand spit.

Fisherman present, and grackles are hassling the bird, but when flushed, it has been returning to same spot.

Robin says she will be the tomorrow, I hope to go in the afternoon.

Hope that clears it up.

Kathi Hutton
Clermont County