OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2013

From:
Cheryl Harner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 00:33:25 -0400
Hello All-

If you are now planning your weekend birding we hope you will consider supporting the grassland birds conservation effort at Byers Woods located at 671 County Road 1754 Ashland, OH 44805.

Ashland.  We will have excellent field trip leaders and a variety of vendors and educational displays, including native plant sales.

This is open to the public event is free of charge.  Come out and view the spectacular display of Bobolinks, as well as many other types of birds and habitats.

Special thanks to the Ashland County Commissioners and the Ashland Country Park Board for their participation and cooperation with the Greater Mohican Audubon Society in hosting this event.

Please note our special guest birders, Jim McCormac, Greg Miller and Lisa Rainsong.

Schedule for Bobolinks at Byers Woods

9:00 am     Two Bird walks offered- Jim McCormac or Tim Leslie

10:00 am  Spotting scopes    Greg Miller and Su Snyder

                  Bird-Song Walk  - Lisa Rainsong

                  Native Plant Sale -  Natives in Harmony

                 Vendors and Educational displays

                 Kids Crafts-  Ashland Park Kolleen Crall

11:00 am  Dragonfly/ Butterfly walk  Jim McCormac

                 Beginner's Birding walk-  Tim Leslie

                  Food Service Ashland Park District

Hope to see you there,

Cheryl Harner

Greater Mohican Audubon President

Richland, Ashland, Wayne and Holmes Counties