OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2013

From:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:58:56 +0000
All - this is an awesome combo of trips available for Ohio (and abroad) birders.
Local Patch trips, this year, are focused on early Fall rarities: Sabine's Gull and Long-tailed and Parasitic Jaegers.
BSBO's November and December trips offer the chance for rare: Pomarine Jaeger, Purple Sandpiper, Black-headed and Little Gull, kittiwake, Long-tailed Duck, scoters, and winter species including the "white-winged" gulls.
Make sure you take a look at the trip styles - Local Patch trips are 7 hours and cover a large amount of open water, hunting down fast-moving jaegers offshore Vermilion/Huron/Lorain. BSBO's trips focus on the inner harbors of Cleveland, the outer CLE breakwall (a jackpot for Purple Sandpiper), and if weather permits, 3 miles out to the Crib.
No other state offers such a breadth of opportunities to get out on a Great Lake!

Jen [log in to unmask]
Cleveland, Ohio
330-701-6452