OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2013

From:
John Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:12:03 -0400
     Can someone explain to me why it takes the ebird reviewer one year +
to review a submitted record? I could see, on rare occasions, where a
record needs to be submitted to experts for their input. But a Richland
County record of a March 2013 Brewer's blackbird, submitted by someone
other than myself, still remains to be decided upon. No phorto.s were taken
of the Brewer's and the reviewer had all the documentation soon after the
sighting. So what can be added to this record, seen by one person, than
what is already known? A very late May 2013 red-throated loon record still
remains undecided on.
     Maybe ebird needs to consider changing their review process, possibly
adding another person to share the load.
     Good birding,
     J. P. Herman