OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2013

From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 23:51:46 -0400
Well, the fam and I went to Killdeer Plains to look for cranes and shorebirds...dipped on both.  but we did get 40 species.  Submitted list to eBird.  And posted a picture of a budding birder on Birding Ohio's Facebook page.

I think the high point of the day was seeing Kingbirds EVERYWHERE.  Everywhere we went there was at least two.  No shorebirds were present...or visible, take your pick which one, ;-)  but there was plenty of water in the adjacent fields, and I was hoping to at least see some Spotted, but there was nothing but Killdeer at Killdeer. :-)

Anyhew, have a great week, happy birding, and God bless!

Steve Jones
(aka sjlarue)
www.sjlarue.com
Find me on Facebook: SJLaRue Photography

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area, Wyandot, US-OH
Aug 4, 2013 4:31 PM - 7:31 PM
Protocol: Traveling
10.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog NA for Android v1.9.2
40 species

Canada Goose  50
Trumpeter Swan  15
Wood Duck  10