OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2013

From:
Justin Bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 21:18:02 -0400
Hello all,

      With all of the other excitement yesterday afternoon I put this
sighting on the back burner. I was a bit surprised to find a basic adult
Western Sandpiper loosely associating with 15 juvenile Pectoral Sandpipers
and one Dunlin at the Fish Work Unit impound of Willow Point Wildlife Area
off Wahl Rd. (Erie Co.).  You can park at the Fish Work Unit (white
garages) and hike the middle dike to the east to where the shorebirds tend
to concentrate.

      I hope this works. I created a map for anyone interested in tracking
down yesterday's Glossy Ibis. I would highly recommend taking advantage of
the shorebird habitat at Pickerel Creek and Willow Point Wildlife Areas
between waterfowl seasons and, especially this week, while easterly winds
push water into Sandusky Bay and force shorebirds and waders out of
marginal habitat and into managed wetlands.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zhBNvAEX3fzI.kFffkd9WOWTc

Good birding,
Justin

--