OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jen brumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:08:03 +0000
Greetings all -
Linda Sternheimer, development manager of the port authority, just contacted me to excitedly relay that tomorrow is the official opening of the new trails at Cleveland Lakefront Nature Preserve/Dike 14. At noon on October 29th, meet at the kiosk behind the ranger building located at 8701 Lakeshore Boulevard. Bring your lunch and Port of Cleveland will provide cider and donuts. For more information, call 216-241-8004.
The new trail system allows access to the ENTIRE nature preserve (including the east side) with a long Perimeter Trail around the entire property, as well as the addition of an excellent connector-boardwalk and an incredible grass field in the middle of the property (that has already harbored thousands of sparrows and Short-eared Owl this year) and an attractive overlook point (viewing Gordon marina, East 72nd, and Lake Erie) on the far southwest end.
Birder support is MASSIVE AND IMPORTANT, as the nature preserve is one of our key prime lakefront hotspots in the CLE region, and is an important tribute to the work of many organizations working together to preserve and manage this land.
best - jb
Jen [log in to unmask]
Cleveland, Ohio
330-701-6452