OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2013 17:00:53 -0400
Several new eBird shared bird reporting hot spots have been added in recent
days.

Delaware County
Char-Mar Ridge Preserve
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Char-Mar+Ridge+Preserve

Franklin County
Haul Road Quarries
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Haul+Road+Quarries

Pickaway County
Deer Creek Wildlife Area--Middle Wetland
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Deer+Creek+Wildlife+Area
Deer Creek Lake--Marina and Boat Launch
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Deer+Creek+State+Park

I have also updated the Ohio eBird Hot Spot web site so that information
from the new eBird Hot Spot Explorer (http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots) is
linked to each hot spot on the web site.

On each location page the link above the GPS coordinates for takes you to
the Hot Spot Explorer page for that hot spot. If you have an eBird account
you can now submit a checklist from Hot Spot Explorer.

I appreciate all the help I have gotten from birders across Ohio with
managing the eBird hot spots in Ohio.

Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hot Spot reviewer for Ohio