OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Buckles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:17:20 -0400
How To Be A Better Birder - Even If You're Already An Expert!
 Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland welcome Kim Kaufman to our Saturday Afternoon Backyard Naturalist Fall Presentations
 Saturday October 19, 2013–3:00-5:00 PM
 382 Townline Rd., Aurora Ohio
 Free and open to the public .
  Kim Kaufman has spent the last 15 years of her life completely immersed in the world of birds and birding. In this fun and enlightening presentation, Kim will share some of the weirdest, coolest..., scariest, and most memorable things she's learned about birds and birders and, along the way, try to help you get more from every birding opportunity.
  Kimberly Kaufman is the Executive Director of Black Swamp Bird Observatory. She was a founding member of the Ohio Young Birders Club, and helps organize The Biggest Week In American Birding, one of the country’s largest birding festivals. Kimberly writes for the multi-author blog, Birding is Fun,  and she is also a contributing editor for Birds & Blooms Magazine. Kimberly is married to noted bird expert Kenn Kaufman, and together they are working on expanding the Kaufman Field Guides Series, which includes books on birds, butterflies, mammals, insects, advanced birding, and the most recently published, “Kaufman Field Guide to Nature of New England,” published in fall 2012. They are currently working on the Kaufman Field Guide to nature of the Midwest!  Kimberly and Kenn make their home in northwest Ohio near the famed birding hotspot Magee Marsh Wildlife Area.

Sandy Buckles, M.S.
Education Chair
Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland
www.clevelandaudubon.org

"We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards that those who follow us may see our mark on the land was one of respect and love....."( From a trail marker at Settler's Cove, near Ketchikan , Alaska.)
Robert B. Oetting