OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 09:04:38 -0400
Despite leaving (probably to feed in nearby fields) late yesterday afternoon, the Ross’s goose is back at Dawes Lake on the main grounds of The Dawes Arboretum as of 8:00 this morning.  Dawes Arboretum is located south of Newark, on SR 13.  If you travel via I-70, turn north on SR 13.  The entrance is well marked.  Just follow the auto tour (paved) road.  The lake is easily seen.  This morning, I saw the Ross’s goose from my car, but yesterday it was not visible until I got out and walked toward the lake.

Margaret Bowman
Licking Co., OH