OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Justin Bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 00:07:29 -0400
Hello all,

Late this afternoon, I discovered a juvenile/ 1st winter Hudsonian Godwit with a decent variety of shorebirds in the Crane Creek estuary north of Pool 2A along the dike trail at Ottawa NWR. A juvenile Red-necked Phalarope was farther out in the main channel.

There was also a late juvenile Short-billed Dowitcher at the estuary mouth (Lucas Co.). I'll have to check on other late records in eBird for context on how late.

Good birding,
Justin Bosler

Sent from my iPhone