OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2013

From:
Kate Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:33:54 -0400
I hope Ohio birders of all ages will consider attending the 7th Annual Ohio Young Birders Conference on November 2nd at the Toledo Zoo. Although all of the presentations are given by young people 18 and under, the event is NOT just for kids. Each year, we've had 125 - 150 people attend, and the adults who have been there can attest to the quality of these presentations. And in addition to student presentations, this year's event includes an optional morning behind the scenes tour of the either the Toledo Zoo Aviary or Herpetology Room, cool optics raffle prizes, the Zoo's favorite education animals will be on display, a bird quiz led by Kenn Kaufman assisted by Ohio Young Birders Club (OYBC) students, and a tasty lunch, too!

We work hard to keep the cost very reasonable so that everyone can afford to attend and the students can share their messages with a large audience. To learn more and to register for the conference, visit the OYBC website at www.ohioyoungbirders.org

Student Rate $10 / Adult Rate $20

This is an event for the whole family! You do not have to be a member of the Ohio Young Birders Club to attend. The Fledgling Corner will be available for young kids to take a break and stretch their legs from the conference and enjoy bird arts & craft activities. The OYBC conference is a great way to meet young birders from all over, and to see what unique opportunities the OYBC can provide!

We hope you will consider coming and supporting Ohio's young birders!

Kate Zimmerman
Education Director
Black Swamp Bird Observatory
13551 West State Route 2
Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
419-898-4070
www.bsbobird.org

Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/bsbobird
http://www.facebook.com/ohioyoungbirders

BSBO is proud to sponsor BIRDING OHIO on Facebook