OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2013

From:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:00:07 -0500
A second winter Little Gull was found this morning by Chuck Slusarczyk.  I
arrived and scanned the birds that were resting close.  Didn't find the
Little Gull.  Then scanned the distant flock flying and feeding in the lake
by walking part way out the north jetty beside the treatment plant.  No
luck.  Chuck joined me there.  As we walked back to our cars, Chuck found
the bird at first thought to be an adult, but later determined to be first
winter by consulting National Geographic Field Guide, 6th Ed.

I saved the best for last.  This number 700 for my Big Year ABA Area with 2
provisionals still to be counted.  AWESOME!
Jay

Jay G Lehman, Cincinnati, OH
Sent from Droid Razr